Marriott’s 1 Million Bonvoy Points Giveaway for the GroupSync Marketplace Launch Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Sweepstakes begins on January 17, 2023 at 12:00 am United States Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August, 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET (the “Sweepstakes Period“). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: Marriott’s 1 Million Bonvoy Points Giveaway for the GroupSync Marketplace Launch (the “Sweepstakes“) is open to Marriott Bonvoy members who as of the date of event booking, are eligible to be registered on the GroupSync platform and are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence. Employees, officers, and directors of Marriott International, Inc. (“Sponsor“), Don Jagoda Associates (“Administrator“), and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Marriott International, Inc., 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 USA. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.
3. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
a. Book via GroupSync RFP: You may enter the Sweepstakes by booking an event (“Event”) at any Marriott branded hotel via Groupsync RFP to earn one (1) entry (“entry”) in the GroupSync RFP random drawing. In order for an Event to be considered eligible, it must be contracted between 1/17/23 and 8/17/23 and must actualize prior to 9/30/23. If your Event is canceled prior to arrival, it will no longer be considered eligible and will not be included in the applicable random drawing.
b. Book via GroupSync Instant Book: You may enter the Sweepstakes by booking an Event at any Marriott branded hotel in the US or Canada via Groupsync Instant Book to earn one (1) entry in the GroupSync Instant Book random drawing. In order for an Event to be considered eligible, it must be contracted between 1/17/23 and 8/17/23 and must actualize prior to 9/30/23. If your Event is canceled prior to arrival, it will no longer be considered eligible and will not be included in the applicable random drawing
c. Entry without Booking an Event: To earn an entry without booking an Event via GroupSync RFP or GroupSync Instant Book, send an email to [email protected] with your full name, full mailing address, Marriott Bonvoy Member number and primary phone number to earn one (1) entry into the applicable random drawing.
i. If you would like to be entered into the GroupSync RFP random drawing, your email must include the subject line: “GroupSync Launch Bonvoy Points Giveaway – GroupSync RFP”.
ii. If you would like to be entered into the GroupSync Instant Book random drawing, your email must include the subject line “GroupSync Launch Bonvoy Points Giveaway – GroupSync Instant Book”.
There is a limit of one (1) email address per person. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries are void.
No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on August 17, 2023 to be included in the applicable random drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address, per each drawing (therefore, you may enter via methods a. and b. above or, you may enter two times via method c above). Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the GroupSync account or email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Entrant’s social media profiles must be keeping with Sponsor’s image or he/she may be disqualified.
4. Selection of Winners: On or about October 1, 2023, fourteen (14) winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period via the GroupSync RFP platform and the GroupSync RFP emailed entries; twenty-four (24) winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period via the GroupSync Instant Book platform and the GroupSync Instant Book emailed entries. Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period via the applicable platform/method of entry.
Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”):
- GroupSync RFP Prize (14 total): 20,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ Points (ARV: US$250 each).
- GroupSync Instant Book Prize (24 total): 30,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points (ARV: US$375 each).
The total ARV of all prizes is US$12,500. Limit one (1) Prize per person/email address/household.
If the potential winner resides in Canada, they must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without aid of mechanical device or otherwise, to be administered by the Sponsor at a time and in a manner to be determined by the Sponsor. Prize Restrictions: Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if any advertised prize becomes unavailable. Winners are responsible for any loss of prize after it has been delivered. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
Marriott Bonvoy Points will be posted to the appropriate account within four (4) to six (6) weeks after winner selection. Prizes are subject to the terms of the Marriott Bonvoy Program. For details about Marriott Bonvoy, please visit marriottbonvoy.com. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the Prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes.
6. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, applicable prizes will be awarded in separate random drawings from among all eligible entries received for each prize pool prior to cancellation. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the applicable prizes at random from among all eligible entries received for each prize pool prior to cancellation up to the time of the impairment.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties“) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR), AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO THEIR AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland or the appropriate State Court located in Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland in the U.S., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland in the U.S.
11. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit rules.marriottbonvoygiveaway. For a list of winners available for ninety (90) days after October 1, 2023, send an email to: [email protected] with “Marriott’s 1 Million Bonvoy Points Giveaway for the GroupSync Marketplace Launch Winners” as the subject line. Winners List will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.
Marriott International shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2022 Marriott International. Marriott® and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Marriott International, Inc. or other owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.